3. TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE – TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect information from you on our Sites to provide a personalized and optimized experience for end users. We use this information to:
- Make it easier for you to use these Sites,
- Communicate with you about the Sites,
- Verify your identity when you log in to our Sites,
- Help you more quickly find information on Scaled Inference’s products and Services,
- Provide targeted online marketing for the Sites,
- Create content on these Sites that is of greater value to you and your end users, and
- Alert you to new products and Services that might specifically interest you.
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Scaled Inference and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to us through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Scaled Inference collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
Information we collect from you may be either individual or aggregate. Individual information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won’t identify you.
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Scaled Inference, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information. By providing information to Scaled Inference, you represent that you have authority to do so. If you provide us your email address on one of our Sites, but do not complete your login, then we may retain your email address for a period to invite you back to the Sites and to share information with you about Scaled Inference’s Amp.ai platform.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or Services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site. Our Sites offer publicly accessible chat function(s). You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods or web analysis. Like most sites, Scaled Inference automatically receives and stores in log files certain information from your browser when you visit the Sites. This information includes your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system, and the date/time stamp of your Site visit. We use this information, which doesn’t identify individual Site visitors, to analyze and understand how the Sites works for you so we can improve it, to administer the Sites, and to gather demographic information about Site visitors for targeted online marketing purposes. We may link this automatically collected information to your information. We may also collect your device ID, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies. Please review our Cookie and Tracking Policy below.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Scaled Inference is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Scaled Inference will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or SNS, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Scaled Inference and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.2 HOW SCALED INFERENCE USES YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information from you on these Sites to provide a personalized and optimized experience for end users. We use this information to:
- Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Scaled Inference may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information;
- Respond to questions, comments and requests;
- Make it easier for you to use these Sites;
- Communicate with you about the Sites;
- Help you more quickly find information on Scaled Inference’s products and Services;
- Alert you to new products and Services that might specifically interest you.
- Administrative Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify your identity when you log in to our Sites;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on our Sites, Services and systems, and, in our discretion, changes to any Scaled Inference policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or Services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing Scaled Inference Products and Services. We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Scaled Inference may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- Provide targeted online marketing for the Sites;
- Create content on these Sites that is of greater value to you and your end users;
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- Tor other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- Research and Development. Scaled Inference may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third-Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Scaled Inference’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions below.
- Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development. We may share aggregated information about our visitor base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Sites. We do not aggregate data with our visitors’ information.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Scaled Inference’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Scaled Inference allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “Tell a Friend.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Scaled Inference or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. Scaled Inference may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you use the Sites and the Services. This section explains the tracking technologies Scaled Inference uses and is part of our commitment to a high standard of transparency in our privacy practices.
Types of Tracking Technologies
- Clear gifs, web beacons, tracking pixels. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier. They function similarly to cookies and are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded on web pages and are a single pixel wide. Scaled Inference does not tie information gathered by clear gifs to your information.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage… Technology Lifespans
- Single-session tracking technology: lasts only as long as your Site visit. Single-session cookies expire and delete themselves when you leave the Site or close your browser. They are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through a Site or generating aggregated statistics about how a Site is used. Single-session cookies do not publicly expose your information.
- Multi-session or persistent tracking technology: remains on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete it or the cookie expires. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited a Site. This can improve the user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits and by allowing users to login without entering a password with every Site visit.Tracking PurposesWe use tracking technologies for these general purposes:
- Disclosures to Scaled Inference Agents, Consultants and Related Third-Parties. Like most Internet businesses, we use Third-Parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your Personal Information to these Third-Party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, this data may be processed by the Site’s webhosting service provider and other IT service providers. We also may provide your name, email and phone number to marketing consultants in order to promote our Services. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use information provided by us for any other purpose.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe, in good faith, that it’s necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of fellow Site visitors or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; (4) protect and defend Scaled Inference’s rights or property; (5) to enforce our policies or contracts; (6) to collect amounts owed to us; (7) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (8) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.